Thursday, September 18, 2014

Weekly Update: 30 Weeks

30 weeks (technically 29 weeks and 6 days)
At 30 weeks, baby bird is 15.7 inches long from head to heel and weighs almost 3 pounds!!! She is the size of a head of cabbage.

She seems to have taken a liking to sitting on my lungs. I cannot breathe. It literally feels like the room has been deprived of oxygen. And I think that is making me really tired and slow. There have been some nights this past week where I've just gone home and crashed on the couch. I could barely put one foot in front of the other. I've managed to get the boys lunches/snack packed and homework checked but that's about it. There's been a lot of cereal, PB&J, and Spaghetti Os for dinner - the boys aren't complaining and I am past the point in feeling guilty.

10 weeks to go. Where that feels like no time at all, it also feels like forever.

I filed for my leave of absence at work and have the nursery well on its way (if you missed yesterday's post - check it out...partially-complete nursery tour plus NAME ANNOUNCEMENT). I washed all of the baby clothes, equipment, blankets, etc and put away (I had forgotten how good Dreft smells). Still nesting...I've purged/cleaned/organized the kitchen, nursery, and boys' room. The linen closet is next on my hit list. But I've got to save up the energy for it. And I'm going to try really hard to ignore our bedroom. Really hard.

I told Christopher last night that we need to get our hospital bag together, I need to add the "I'm in labor" number to our phones, and I need to type out details for school pick-up/drop-off for the boys for my caregivers while we're in the hospital. Oh, and I just realized that I need to check/replace batteries in baby stuff.

I have a baby shower coming up next weekend that I am really excited about!!! My SILs (Beth and Ash) and BF (Amy) are throwing it for me. ::blushes::



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment