Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving...country-style

I love Thanksgiving - it's my favorite holiday. I love the food and time with family. Yes, I am the type that gets all sappy thinking about how thankful I am of everything that I am fortunate enough to have. I am truly blessed.

We went to my parents' farm in VA Wednesday night. Landon had a blast playing with all of his cousins and riding the "orange bug". Cowboy boots are a must-have in the Jones household - Landon, Elizabeth and Gracie were all sporting theirs. I think Nannie and Papa have their eye on a pair for Carter! Landon and Adam had their first sleep-over - they were so cute snuggling together on their pallet on the floor.







Uncle Ricky showed Landon his 2 turkeys that he shot that morning while hunting. Hey - the turkeys' tail feathers look a lot like Aunt Angela's hair (Ha! Ha!)!



After stuffing ourselves full at lunch on Thanksgiving day, we headed a little further north to Christopher's parents for supper. A Thanksgiving meal is not complete without bear, homemade blackberry wine and moonshine! Grayson helped track a bear that his friend shot and cooked some up in the crock pot like a roast. It was yummy! Landon loved the bear - he asked for seconds!!! And yes, real moonshine! That's how we roll in the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment