Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bookworm

I really enjoy reading and used to do a lot of it. The only time I get to read now is while I am nursing Carter at bedtime so you can imagine how long it takes me to get through a book! I typically stick to chick lit, a good Nicolas Sparks romance, novels that were recently made into a blockbuster movie, & anything to do with vampires. Pretty light reading that doesn't provoke much thought. After a tiring day at work and 2 kids at home, I don't want to think too much.

But for some reason, I've had a wild hair to enlighten myself. I found Time's list of All-Time Top 100 Novels (from years 1923 to present) and am going to try to tackle it. I've got a few chick lits checked out of the library that I need to get through first, but then off I go. It'll take a while, but I'm going to try it. I've checked off 5 already (is that sad that I've only read 5 of the top 100 novels of all time?).

Wish me luck (and hopefully it'll go better than the time I decided to read The Grapes of Wrath...that took 6 months and lots of groans and moans)!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I should say this...being that I work in a library. But you've got me beat. I've only really read 3 from the list. :(

    ReplyDelete