Thursday, May 20, 2010

Trust The Mommy Instincts

Carter has been sick off & on for the past 3 weeks. I took him to a pediatric urgent care 2 weeks ago & they said he had pink eye so we did a week's worth of drops & it got better. I took him to the urgent care because it was late Friday afternoon & we couldn't get in at the doctor's office. I thought it was a really weird case of pink eye since he only had yellow goop coming from the eyes...they weren't really pink. *Note to self: trust your Mommy instincts* Last weekend he pretty much cried (day & night) for 2 days straight. I was planning to take him to the doctor on Monday morning because I was sure he had an ear infection...& then he slept through the night Sunday night. So I didn't take him...thought ok, maybe it was teeth & he's good now. *Note to self again: trust your Mommy instincts* He was better the beginning of this week, but started going back downhill Wednesday afternoon - extremely fussy, runny nose, diarrhea, low-grade fever & green goop in the eyes. So I took him to his doctor this afternoon & guess what? Ear infection. A bad one. One that had been festering for A FEW WEEKS. Sometimes when babies have ear infections, the infections can come out of their eyes (nasty I know). So my baby never had pink eye. He's had an ear infection this whole time. My pobrecito. We've got Augmentin & hope it wipes this mess out quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment