Thursday, July 15, 2010

Carter's 1 Year Check-Up

Carter had his 12 month appointment on 7.13.10. Here are his stats:
  • Weight: 20 lb, 11 oz (25th percentile)
  • Height: 28.3 in (10th percentile)
  • Head Circumference: 44.6 cm (10th percentile)

The doctor is pleased with his advancements since his last appointment (crawling, pulling up, standing while holding on to things, feeding himself, his vocab, etc.). She reminded me again that as long as he continues to progress from visit to visit, he is doing just fine. She also told me basically that I rock since I've continued to breastfeed him this long (yeah...I know!).

Everything she would have suggested we have either conquered or are working on currently:

  • table food: Carter eats nothing but table food now...he despises the pureed baby stuff!
  • cow's milk: I started him on 1/2 cow's milk & 1/2 formula bottles this weekend, now we're to about 3/4 cow's milk & 1/4 formula, and will be moving him to all cow's milk by the end of the week.
  • sippy cup: Tried it and he did great. Then he was sick last week so I let him have his bottle just to make it easier on him while he was sick. We are going to start using the cup again in the next week or so.
  • wean (if I prefer): I am down to nursing in the morning and at night (NO MORE PUMPING- YAY!!!). I am going to cut out the morning nursing by the end of July. I will probably nurse at night until I leave for a few business trips this fall.

Next appointment: 15 months

No comments:

Post a Comment