Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Carolina Beach 2010

Last week, the Bagley Family took our annual week-long vacay at Carolina Beach. My boys and I joined Grandma, Grandpa, Beth, Mike and Olive for some sun & sand.



Warning: there are a lot of collages in this post. I just discovered how to make them and I am so excited, so in turn, I have over-used them here. But I have A LOT of pictures so it cuts down on a super-long post!!!

This was our basic schedule:
  • Wake up, eat, lounge around & finally get out to the beach around 10.
  • Play on the beach until around 1.
  • Take the boys in for a nap.
  • Christopher and I were usually able to come back out to the beach and read/sleep (there was usually someone staying inside during the afternoon).
  • When the boys would wake up late afternoon, take baths and eat supper.
  • Eat snow cones (more on those a little later) or ice cream.
  • Go to sleep.
  • Repeat.
We mixed in a little pool time too.

Landon's favorite past-time was building sandcastles.




Carter's favorite past-time...eating seashells. No, seriously. The kid crawled all over the sand (when Landon had just turned 1, he hated the sand and we had to sit him on a boogie board), would pick up shells and try to eat them along with a lot of sand.





My sweet boys.

Olive enjoyed her first beach trip. She's looking forward to making sandcastles & swimming in the pool with her cousins in years to come (don't let her enthusiasm throw you in this picture!).


A few family shots




There was a carnival set up at the Boardwalk. Landon and I had fun on the rides. We giggled on the Scrambler and he held my hand on the ferris wheel. He literally said to me "Don't be scared Mommy. It's only a ferris wheel. And I'm right here.". {heart melts} Even though I was petrified on the ferris wheel and jumped everytime it squeaked or rocked, the view at the top overlooking the ocean took my breath away. And then I looked over at my Lovie...taking in the world with his bright eyes. Perfect.


Oh and the snow cones. The best snow cones EVER. Put it on your bucket list. They offer about 40ish flavors, maybe more. This year I sampled lemon, passion fruit and wedding cake. Landon had cotton candy, bubble gum and banana. Everyone got something different each time we went and we all sampled a little from everyone. And Carter....my little piggie. He'd yell at you until you gave him a spoonful. Over and over and over. PIG. All capital letters.



Time to brag on Landon. Landon is not a big fan of swimming. It's not that he's scared of water, he just doesn't like water in his face. I can't say that I blame him...I don't like water in my face either. He had been using a backfloat - it's what we used in his swimming lessons last year, it's lifegaurd-approved, it holds him in a swimming-like position (i.e. face near the water). He wears it...but I also end up wearing him. He stays wrapped around mine or Christopher's neck the entire time in the pool. If we ever do get him to let go, he holds both hands very tight. My friend, Amy, had bought Landon a set of Toy Story arm floaties. I decided to give them a try. He was swimming all over the pool by himself!!! These keep him more upright (in a treading like position) so he liked that much better. Baby steps...





No comments:

Post a Comment