Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

This day holds a special place in every American citizen's heart.

It holds a very personal place for me. Nine years ago, I almost lost my Daddy. Through a strange twist of fate, a Virginia tobacco farmer was in the Millennium Hotel lobby directly across from the Twin Towers on the morning of 9/11/2001 at 8:46 AM. With that famous Jones determination, he made it back to Virginia to his family. He saw things and felt fears that no one should ever experience. Those are with him for the rest of his life. Each year as 9/11 passes us by, I say a prayer to the One that saved him. One who knew that a certain tobacco farmer wasn't finished here yet. He still had to walk his daughter down the aisle 5 months later and meet his grandchildren.

God, thank you for saving my Daddy. I still need him.

No comments:

Post a Comment