Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

I've been a lazy blogger this past week, but I sure have been enjoying myself. I am off of work and enjoying some time with my boys. Time to catch you up on the Christmas festivities...

Here's a few cute pictures of the boys the day before Christmas Eve.




Christmas Eve was filled with many old traditions, and a few new.

We attended our church's family-friendly Christmas Eve service (meaning the kids attend "big church" with us opposed to going to their classes). Beth, Mike and Olive joined us too. It was a beautiful service and the kids were well behaved. Not so beautiful was the mucous/milk mixture that Carter threw up in my lap in the middle of service (let's hope we don't make that one a tradition...although Landon threw up his 2nd Christmas too). After church (and a quick shower for me and Carter Bear), the Wright's joined us for a pot roast supper. This is a new tradition worth keeping. We all stay in NC on Christmas Eve so it's nice to still be able to get together with family.

After supper, we exchanged ornaments: a Hulk comic book one for Christopher, an Italy "door" (last in the series) for me, a Batman ornament for Landon and a Little Engine That Could one for Carter - he loves trains. We sprinkled out reindeer food (and can I say luckily I vacuumed up the half that Landon spilled in the foyer...otherwise Santa's reindeer may have stampeded the door), and finished up with a reading of "Twas The Night Before Christmas". By the way, Carter did have on Christmas PJs to match Landon's...but he threw up a 2nd time all over them.



We left milk and cookies out for the big guy.


Even though Landon didn't fall asleep until 10:30, Santa was still able to stop by and left lots of goodies for the boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment