Friday, March 11, 2011

Turning Over A New Leaf

I'm getting a new job! I am so excited (and nervous too!). I have been with my current employer for 8 1/2 years. My last day is March 17th and I start with Campbell Alliance as a Training Associate on March 21st. I will be joining a group of 3 other trainers (no longer a team of one!!!) and will have many opportunities for growth, including learning soft skills training and creation of on-line training courses. It's a very professional company that puts a strong emphasis on the importance of training.

It was a tough interview process: I went through 2 30-minute phone interviews, a timed 60-minute writing exercise from home, 3 on-site interviews, a second timed 60-minute writing exercise and I had to deliver a 30-minute training presentation. It was tough but obviously worth it in the end.

My boss is great. He is going to be an awesome mentor with all of the experience he has and the desire to teach and grow his employees. He actually used to be a professor at Meredith, but I didn't know him then. He also understands and supports a healthy work-life balance.

And the little things...sodas, water, snacks like muffins and fruit in the break room for all employees for free. A mouthwash dispenser in the bathroom...what? :) I know. I'm excited too!

I am very impressed with the company and can't wait to get started!

1 comment: