Friday, June 17, 2011

Rough Patch

It has been a rough few days for me.

*Warning: this post discusses gross bodily fluids. You have been warned.*

On Saturday (while Christopher was in CA and my niece , Gracie was over so I was alone with 3 kids), I had diarrhea for 8 hours (I'm talking in the bathroom every 10-15 minutes for the first 5 hours. BTW, diaper cream rocks - don't knock it til you try it. Desperate times call for desperate measures). I wanted to die. Sunday morning I had two more incidents but started feeling a little better. Monday night I threw up. Felt good on Tuesday. Felt GREAT on Wednesday...until of course, it was time for Landon's graduation. I picked the boys up from daycare and took them to McD's for supper before graduation. We sat down and I had to run to the bathroom where I had diarrhea and vomiting (simultaneously-ugh) for about 20 minutes. Luckily, Christopher's plane had just landed so he was able to take Landon to his graduation, but I had to go home. I missed my baby's very first organized event. Many tears have been shed over missing that. It has been added to my catalog of worst mother moments ever. (Christopher did take lots of pictures and videos.)

In discussing with Christopher, I realized that I have been having random issues over the past few months where I am fine, then feel sick and vomit.

I went to the doctor yesterday. They ruled out pregnancy (I know you've been thinking that since you began reading this). They also x-rayed my bowels to make sure I didn't have an obstruction. They drew blood to check for ulcers, infections, liver function, Crohn's Disease, etc. I should hear back from that on Monday. Also, I have to get a stool sample at home and bring in for more bacterial testing (fun, fun).

If all of that comes out okay, they will ultrasound my gallbladder. And if that's okay, they will send me to a GI for a scope to look at things.

Send prayers my way. I just want to feel normal again and not miss things in life because I get sick all of a sudden.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment