Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just Breathe

Wow, what a busy month it's been. We've had a sick house and been running this way and that. I've thrown a baby shower, attended birthday parties, bought a minivan and taken it in to get some things fixed, had dinner with my girlfriends, volunteered at church, taken myself and Landon to the dentist, been to 2 work parties, shopped, wrapped, more shopping, gone to Tupperware parties, gone to school programs, worked full-time, tried to blog often, cleaned my house (no, scratch that...it's a mess!), washed mountains of laundry, packed lunches, baked Christmas goodies, hosted a 5 y/o sleepover, bought supplies for school parties, traveled to VA on 3 occasions since Thanksgiving...just to name a few. I feel like there is always somewhere to be, something to do, someone to see. Some of these are necessities, some of these are nice-to-dos.

And then I find out that my good friend's husband's testicular cancer has spread into his abdomen. He's my age and they have two small girls (ages 4 and 2). Whoa. While I'm worried about if I have gotten that last gift or baked those goodies for the YMCA counselors, my friend is taking her husband for his 5th chemo treatment in a row and trying to keep the girls from waking Daddy while he rests. My heart is so broken for them.

And there's my sister and nieces who are going through a very hard time with my sister's divorce. Hearts are being broken and relationships are being damaged. And here I am 150 miles away, feeling 150,000,000 miles away.

These are the moments when God whispers to me, "Slow down, Katherine. Take a breath."

Here's hoping that you (and I!) find a quiet moment in the madness to stop, breathe, and savor every second that passes by.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment