Monday, January 16, 2012

Meal Planning

Christopher gave me this magnetic meal planner for Christmas. It is very common for me to get home around 5:45 and stand in front of the pantry cabinet and fridge for 15-20 minutes trying to figure out what to fix for supper. And then I have to preheat the oven, thaw the meat, etc. Last week was my first week using this planner and it helped tremendously. I knew exactly what I was fixing when I walked in the door. If I had something to thaw, I'd pull it out the night before.

We make the plan as a family and starting next week we're going to find and try one new recipe per week. We plan the main dish; the sides are always easy to add on once that's been determined.

Landon helped me write out this week's plan:

Monday: Daddy isn't home on Mondays so the boys and I go out; Landon's choice this week is McDonald's!
Tuesday: spaghetti
Wednesday: fish cookies (aka salmon cakes)
Thursday: cereal (Mommy's night out with the girls!!)
Friday: pigs in a blanket (Landon begs for these every week!)
Saturday: we'll be in Virginia so a freebie!!!
Sunday: chicken patties (something quick & easy since we'll be getting home from VA)

No comments:

Post a Comment