Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lightdog

I have the sweetest dog on the planet. We rescued sweet Hokie 9 years ago. He really is man's (and woman's) best friend and a good pal to the boys too.

Every night, he lays in bed with Landon while he falls asleep. As soon as Landon is asleep, Hokie jumps down and comes to snuggle with me on the couch. It doesn't matter how long it takes Landon to fall asleep, 5 minutes or 2 hours, Hokie doesn't budge until the heavy breathing begins.

The other night, he never came down. I called and called his name so I could let him out to potty before we all went to bed. He didn't come. We went looking around the house for him; me downstairs and Christopher upstairs (he has been known to slip out of an open door without us knowing it; if he does this, he waits outside of the back door until we let him in). I heard Christopher say, "Oh my goodness!" Then he walks to the top of the steps, holding Hokie in his arms.

Apparently Landon thought it would be cool to clip a flashlight to the poor dog's collar and he was too petrified to move!


Photobucket

1 comment: