Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hawaii-Day 7, Part 2

After leaving Akaka Falls, we made a pit stop by the open-air farmer's market in downtown Hilo.  Our senses were on overload - the sights! the sounds! the smells! the touches! and oh, the tastes!  We have never experienced fruits like these before.  After a local hand-whacked a young coconut open, we enjoyed coconut water.  I use the term enjoy loosely here...it was an odd taste; something I will probably never drink again.  But I can say that I tried it.  We also loaded up on some yummy fruits such as my favorite-white pineapple, Christopher's favorite-lychees, apple bananas, and some grape-like fruit (I can't remember what it was called now).

We made a quick stop at Mauna Loa mac nut farm and processing plant.

Then we drove down a tiny dirt road to our quaint, little cabin in the rain forest in Volcano, HI. It was so cozy and private.  A perfect place to spend our 10-year wedding anniversary!














No comments:

Post a Comment