Friday, September 28, 2012

Bedwetting Woes

I'm overwhelmed and I'm scared. And I don't want to talk about it. I just want to trudge through each day trying not to worry myself sick over it.

Landon has had bedwetting issues since he was potty-trained. When we took him off of some asthma meds a few years back, his bedwetting stopped with a few accidents every now and then (one-two/month). The past few months, it's started back up again with a fierceness. We are talking accidents 5-6 nights a week.

Sure, there are some kids that wet the bed until an older age. But he was "trained" and went back to wetting, which concerns our pediatrician.

He tested negative for diabetes and no bacteria was present in his urine. We don't give him caffeine or let him drink anything after dinner. He doesn't drink a lot of milk as that has been linked to bedwetting in some kids. He pees before bed, sometimes twice. There are no stresses going on at home or school that would cause this. I've tried waking him up in the night. Yes, we have thought of it all and are following all of the rules.

We've talked to the doctor about medicine and the horrible, IMO, bedwetting alarm system. Before we do that, he wants Landon to see a pediatric urologist. I don't know much about this appointment except that they'll most likely do an ultrasound of his kidneys, bladder, etc. and probably some bloodwork (fun!). His appointment is October 23 and I'm trying to put it out of my mind until then. Hopefully it'll be a case of "oh, he'll grow out of it" but until I hear those words and they show me that everything is okay with his little body, it's going to make me sick with worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment