Monday, September 10, 2012

Carter's 3rd Birthday

Wow.  Carter's 3rd birthday party.  Yeah, that was 2 months ago.

I asked Carter what type of party he wanted to have.  His response?  A KITE PARTY!  Okay then, a kite party it is!  

I went with a few bright colors and incorporated polka dots for fun. I decorated with multi-color kites (from Target's Dollar Spot), balloons, and homemade pompoms.  I used a sand bucket for ice and gave away kites to the kiddos.

Carter isn't a big fan of cake so we had ice cream and cookies.  I bought cones and cute little plastic water glasses (from the Dollar Tree) that I used as sundae cups, dolled up with paint pen polka dots.  We had all of the ice cream sundae fixings like chocolate syrup, sprinkles, cherries, and nuts.  I also made some super-fun cone wrappers (in PowerPoint) - I think they may have been my most favorite thing (thanks to Ash and Beth for saving them...I thought the cones were perfectly round and made the wrappers straight; well, they weren't and had to be cut to fit).  Beth and I made homemade sugar cookies cut in triangular shapes (i.e. kites) and topped with royal icing.  That was a fun experiment!  Our cookie and icing recipes and royal icing instructions came from Sugarbelle - check out her cookies; they are A.W.E.S.O.M.E.

Throw in a mason jar to hold the spoons (this girl right here LOVES mason jars for decorating), watermelon cut in triangles, and yummy cheese puffs and you've got yourself a fun kite party!

Carter blew out the candles on his kite cookie complete with a chocolate syrup tail.

It wasn't windy enough to fly the kites but we had a high-flying time nonetheless!








No comments:

Post a Comment