Saturday, January 5, 2013

Landon's 1st Grade Winter Performance

The first grade classes at Landon's school performed cute winter songs before breaking for the holidays. My little guy knew every word and dance move! (I do have video; I'll get that posted soon.) He also shared his holiday poster with us after his performance; he worked really hard on it.

I teared up as I watched all of these first graders singing and so full of joy, love, and life. My heart broke for the moms and dads that won't be attending their first graders' winter performance this year. Their days are dimmer without the light of their first grader. I'm still having a hard time coping with the horrific Connecticut tragedy. I look at these beautiful children and just can't understand how a person can do what he did to these angels. I pray every night for their sweet souls. I pray every night for their families - for healing, for stillness, for rest, for comfort. I pray for my healing. I pray for the shooter's family. I pray that this nation never know this intense pain again. I pray for my sons. I pray that God is near. 

Psalm 69:29 
I am in pain and distress; may your salvation, O God, protect me.




No comments:

Post a Comment