Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday, Landon!

Happy birthday, Landon.

Seven years ago, I became a mother. How you rocked my world, little man. My first-born son. You hold a really special place in my heart. 

You're my rock star! You sing the lyrics ridiculously well to a lot of songs and enjoy shaking that little booty. You're cool, witty, silly, smart, caring, considerate, and very loving. You compliment me regularly and notice when I'm wearing something new. You excel at math and reading (you're really into Magic Tree House right now) and love Legos and playing games on Daddy's iPad, especially Hay Day. You've got many friends and enjoy Boy Scouts and ninjitsu. You work really hard at ninjitsu, too, which is evident by you earning your green belt this year. You just lost your first tooth and couldn't be prouder of that little tooth the Tooth Fairy let you keep and your shiny, gold Sacagawea coin. You really want a hamster and have been working hard over the past year to prove to me that you can take care of an animal by taking good care of Hokie. You talk a lot. A LOT. You get that from your mama. And that's okay. Even your teacher says that you talk a lot but she doesn't mind too much as you are smart, kind, and very respectful. Your manners are spot on. I never have to remind you to say mam, sir, thank you, or please. You hold doors open for people. I love that. You share a bed with your brother and take great care of him. He'd be lost without you. So would I. You love your family and you love God. It's obvious in your words and actions. 

Rock on, Landon Cole. You cool dude.


1 comment: