Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Landon's 'Stache Bash

We celebrated Landon's 7th birthday with a cook-out at home with family. The theme: 'Stache Bash! I think this has been my most favorite party to date.

I used red, black, and aqua as the color scheme. I found red and white striped straws with mustache toppers at Party City. I also used them (with the straw cut very short) as cupcake toppers. For the first time, I served individual ice creams instead of scooping it out for each person; OMG - this makes serving ice cream SO easy! I found the most adorable wooden ice cream spoons with hand-stamped mustaches on Etsy. I, of course, used a mason jar adorned with black and white gingham ribbon to hold the spoons. We grilled hot dogs and served with all the fixins, crock-pot mac & cheese, baked beans, and chips. A red drink bucket held glass-bottled Pepsi and Mountain Dew (bottled water and Kool-Aid was also served). The glass-bottled sodas looked adorable! Even though they were twist off, I put a few bottle openers in a mason jar with a "Wet Your Wiskers" sign. 


Our guests enjoyed shelling and eating peanuts on our new patio while the kids played in the yard. I had also picked up fake staches (at the Dollar Tree!) that EVERYONE had fun with! After eating, my big boy blew out his "7" candle and opened gifts. 












It was so wonderful having our family over and celebrating my special man.

No comments:

Post a Comment