Thursday, April 17, 2014

On Having a Girl...


I will begin with a caveat... boy or girl, I am happy as long as I am blessed with a healthy baby.  I know that sounds cliche but it's the truth.  But if I have a choice in the matter...

I'd choose boy #3 any day.  This coming from the girl who cried for a day when she saw that little penis on the ultrasound of Carter.  I called my step-mom in tears. "It's another freaking boy."  I didn't know it then, but found out over the past few years that I was born to be a boy mom.  Born to raise men.  Born to be surrounded by mama's boys.  After having these two boys, I can't imagine it any other way.

It makes sense.  I lived with just a Daddy and big brother for a while.  I had more matchbox cars than Barbies.  I grew up on a farm fishing, hunting, and spotlighting.  I drove my Honda Big Red 4-wheeler all over the farm.  My best friend growing up was a boy.

People have told me that they're Team Pink or crossing their fingers for a girl or hoping for a girl or ask if we had #3 so we could try for that little girl. Uncross those fingers, people. I don't want a girl. You've never heard of a mama's girl. That's because there is no such thing. I'll take my burps, farts, superheroes, stiff sheets (yeah, I went there), and daredevil stunts any day over all that hormonal girly junk. I'll take my mama's boys because there is no comparison to the love of a mother and her sons. I'm raising men. I'm raising husbands. I'm carrying on the Bagley family name LIKE A BOSS.

The boys want a sister and Christopher wants a daddy's little girl. Again, if that happens, I'll live (with some counseling). All I am saying, people, is to uncross your fingers because this boy mom is 100% Team Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment