Friday, April 25, 2014

Weekly Update: 9 Weeks

I had my first ultrasound yesterday and Christopher and I got to see our little bean! My two concerns going in for the first ultrasound are always if there's only one and if there's a heartbeat. There was only one and little bean was moving all around in there. (S)he had a strong heartbeat at 189 bpm. I don't believe in the heartbeat rate = gender myth but I've already got a few folks happy to hear that it was a higher heart rate (which they say equals a girl). LOL

Everything looked good. Little bean measured right at an inch (the size of a grape)! My due date was pushed back a day according to the measurements, so now we're looking at Thanksgiving day (November 27). We all know that's a guesstimate since baby comes when baby wants to come. I learned that with stubborn Carter Bear.

I'm being scheduled with the geneticist for bloodwork and another ultrasound in about 3 weeks (this visit and testing is necessary since I am "old"). We'll be able to find out the sex of the baby at this appointment!

I lost 2 pounds since my last visit a few weeks ago but I've been feeling much better and am able to eat now! I'm still on a medicine to help with nausea but getting off of that Rx pre-natal helped significantly. I am starting to be able to stay up a little later at night now too.

I feel so blessed to be able to see a healthy little bean with a strong heartbeat. God is good!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment