Friday, May 30, 2014

Weekly Update: 14 Weeks

I made it through the first trimester!

I had a checkup last Friday and the baby's heartbeat was strong and healthy. I also heard back from my blood tests with the geneticist and all checked out great. Odds of a baby with Down's (1 in 5500) or other chromosomal disorders (1 in 10k) are low.

At 14 weeks, the baby is about 3.5 inches from head to rump and is the size of a lemon. She weighs about 1.5 ounces right now. I'm still waiting on that definite baby kick, which I am hoping will be in the next few weeks.

I'm coming around to the idea of a little girl and have been very encouraged by many people over the past week.

We're contemplating names and have a short list that we agree on. We're also letting the boys weigh in - Landon narrowed it down to two and Carter picked only one. We're still looking for names, though. We're open to suggestions!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment