Friday, June 20, 2014

Weekly Update: 17 Weeks

The baby has grown quite a bit over the past week. At 17 weeks, she is 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces. That's 0.5 inch and 1.5 ounces since last week! She's the size of a turnip.

Theme of the week...HEARTBURN.  Every single night when I sit (upright) on the couch about an hour before bedtime, I get terrible heartburn. It doesn't matter what I eat or what I don't eat, I always get it. I pop some Tums, but usually go to bed with a burning chest. I'm just hoping the old wives' tales are true and this little girl will be born with a head of hair!

I've also had some lower back pain that shoots down the back of my legs, hip pain, and swelling that makes my feet hurt so bad (it's been HOT, y'all). It's been a rough week for me. I'm just kind of tired.

I had a regular OB check-up today and everything checked out fine after I FINALLY got in to see a doctor that I wasn't planning on seeing. After waiting an hour, they put me in with a different doctor so I could have my 10-minute check-up. Heartbeat was there and good. Weight gain was there...not sure if it was "good" - I'm not really keeping up with it this time around. Imma get fat. I gained 56 pounds with Landon and 50 with Carter. It's going to be a lot.

No picture this week...I'm too lazy, even for a selfie. But Carter's graduation post coming up tomorrow includes a picture of me at 17 weeks.

Until next week...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment