Thursday, May 28, 2015

Happy 9th Birthday, Landon!

Don't these always start the same way? Where has the time gone? How did we get here so fast? But it's true. So I'll say it again. Where has the time gone? How did we get here so fast?

My dearest, sweetest, most special Landon Cole. My lovie. My mama's boy. You're 9 today. NINE! That blows this mama's mind. I remember the day I had you - May 28, 2006. You made your daddy and me parents. We weren't parents before you. How cool is that? YOU are the reason we are who we are.

I've told you many times before, but I will say it again... there was a reason God gave us you first. I have never seen a boy love to "brother" like you. You are so caring, considerate, (rough and bossy at times, yes; but you are a 9 year old boy, not perfection), thoughtful, HELPFUL, entertaining, funny, and many other things that make up an awesome big brother. Carter Bear and Wrenn Bird love you so much. They look up to you and admire you. Keep that close to your heart and mind buddy. You are the example. I know that's a lot of pressure to be the oldest, the example, but you're up for it. Again, there's a reason God gave us you first.



Your daddy and I are so proud of you. You work really hard in school and except nothing short of (dare I say) perfection. We don't expect perfect. We expect for you to always do the best that you can possibly do. You constantly surpass our expectations. You have awesome grades. You love school, especially math. You test ridiculously well. You love to read. You're being considered for the AIG program (which is stupid hard to get into: you have to score in the top 95th percentile on a test, if so, you can take a 2nd test in which you have to score in the top 95th percentile on that test, if so, you can take a 3rd test in which you have to score in the top 95th percentile on that test, if so, you are then considered for the program). You have many friends at school and are respectful to your teachers.


You are now a Webelo Cub Scout. You have your whittling chip and love to go outside to carve a stick. You take first aid very seriously (like your daddy). And enjoy being outdoors and learning about nature.

You and your brother are constantly outside, most likely playing football or soccer. You've got a nice arm, buddy! You want to play tackle football in the fall. Your daddy is still thinking about that one; he is worried about your safety.

You LOVE to sing. It's amazing how fast you can pick up on the words of a song. And thank goodness I was given a singing and dancing partner. My mini performances are so much better as a pas de deux.

You love your Lord God with all your heart. I am so proud to be alongside you during your walk with Christ. It's such an amazing thing to witness. I pray everyday that you continue to see God and keep him close by.

I want you to know how special you are to me, your daddy, your brother and sister, your family, your friends, and people that haven't even met you yet! You're a kind, loving boy who is going to make an impact on the world.

“I will look after you and I will look after anybody you say needs to be looked after, any way you say. I am here. I brought my whole self to you. I am your mother.” 
― Maya Angelou

Happy birthday, lovie.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment