Friday, June 12, 2015

Bookworms

I read passionately as a child. Back in the 80s, I was reading books like The Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley Twins, Judy Blume (specifically Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.), Ramona Quimby, Charlotte's Web, The Chronicles of Narnia, Goosebumps, The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and Pony Pals. (That was fun reminiscing!)

Recently, Landon (rising 4th grader, age 9) has been enjoying Big Nate, El Deafo, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, I Survived, Harry Potter, The Chronicles of Narnia, Charlotte's Web, and the Origami Yoda series. I need to introduce him to more of my past favorites!

Carter (rising 1st grader, *almost* age 6) will look at almost anything, especially big brother's books. But he just read the entire Mercy Watson series. And I mean...READ. This kid reads AND COMPREHENDS amazingly! He tested at end of 1st grade level and got a 4 (above grade level) on his last report card. I am super impressed!

I love that these boys love reading. We're working on Wrenn...she just likes to eat them. Nom.

Oh, and this "sleeping in just boxers" thing is a thing now. :P



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment