Saturday, January 2, 2010

Things I Have Learned This Past Week

We have all been home this past week in our little snow globe of plague and I have learned a few things...

1. Diapers/pull-ups don't fare well in the washing machine. Trust me.
2. You really can "have it your way" at Burger King - my quest for funnel cake fries is over! I HEART BK!!!
3. Cough syrup can be your BFF.
4. My 3 year old knows the lyrics to the pop song "Fireflies" better than I do (which actually isn't saying that much though).
5. Hold a naked baby boy and ye shall get peed on.
6. The scales can sometimes make you smile instead of cry...unless I go crazy at BK (refer to #2).
7. You learn a lot about your words, reactions, and mannerisms by just spending 5 minutes with your child. They are little mirrors.
8. Your heart can shatter into a million little pieces when your son doesn't need a stool to reach the sink or light switch anymore.
9. The woman waxing my brows can be brutally honest about other places on my body that need waxing too. Wow - don't hold back!
10. I am ready to retire.
11. There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment