Friday, February 19, 2010

8 Years of Bliss

My apologies...I've gotten so behind on my blogging due to our P90X work-out & sicky-poo Landon.

Our 8 year anniversary was February 9th, and Christopher and I went out on a date the weekend before. This was so special...we probably go out alone (i.e. without the boys) about once every 6 months! We enjoyed a great steak at Outback, went to the movies (you have to go see The Blind Side if you haven't already), and browsed one of our favorites stores, Barnes & Noble. It was a great night together.

We celebrate our anniversary with the traditional anniversary gifts. This year was bronze. I gave my honey with a green thumb a bronze watering can and he gave me the most beautiful bronze wind chimes. I could sit and listen to them all day.

I was reflecting back on our 8 years of anniversary gifts...
(the first is the gift he gave me, the second is the gift I gave him)

Year 1 (paper): a handmade paper mache heart/handmade love coupon book
Year 2 (cotton): a poem he wrote framed in cotton balls & a cotton ring/a dozen cotton roses
Year 3 (leather): leather, engraved Bible/leather fortune cookie with a personalized fortune inside
Year 4 (fruit or flowers): flowers/bucket of fruit-flavored candy
Year 5 (wood): a Willow Tree figurine/a ruler that says "My love for you grows inch by inch"
Year 6 (candy/iron): We went snowmobiling in Breckenridge, CO (we figured there was iron somewhere in the snowmobiles!)
Year 7 (wool or copper): a 2002 penny necklace/copper garden tags

No comments:

Post a Comment