Saturday, May 1, 2010

Who Needs Tennis Shoes Anyway?

I know this is going to sound really weird, but for those of you who know me, you kind of expect weird things from me. Ready for it? I don't own a pair of tennis shoes. *gasp* And apparently I am alone. I did have a pair. I bought them in 1998 when I was in college but got rid of them this past year since they didn't fit anymore (my feet grew a 1/2 size with each pregnancy). With the MS Walk coming up last weekend, I decided to try to find a pair. I went to 4 stores (one being DSW - a HUGE shoe warehouse) and didn't find a single pair. I tried on every name brand, every type, every style, different sizes. I just didn't like the way any of them felt on my foot. It was like it was too much material on my foot. They felt tight and hot and suffocating. I was telling this to my friend Dana, and she said..."So your feet are claustrophobic?". YES! EXACTLY!

By the way, I rocked out the Rainbow flip-flops at the Walk and got by with minimal pain. But I did happen to notice the other thousands of people walking had on tennis shoes. Details!

And another by the way, when I walked into DSW for the first time it was like walking into shoe heaven. I heard a choir of angels singing above me. I didn't find any tennis shoes, but I did walk out of there with the cutest pair of yellow ballet flats!

No comments:

Post a Comment