Friday, April 30, 2010

That Dirty 3 Letter Word

I'm not sure when or exactly how this happened. All I know is that I want it to stop. I have said numerous times on my blog how my boys grow up too fast. You hear it all of the time from parents. Landon will be 4 next month. FOUR! He is leaving toddler-dom and entering boy-dom. No one looks at him in the store anymore and says awww, your baby is so cute. He tends to get overlooked since he's not that cute little baby that sits there and smiles and babbles at you. He goes to flippin' Kindergarten next summer for goodness sakes! Okay, I have to slow down. I can't handle that discussion right now. The point is he's not a baby anymore and he dropped a bomb on me to prove it...he started calling me MOM. No more Mommy. MOM. M-O-M. What? Teenagers do that! Not you, my sweet little tiny baby boy. And what made you decide that I'm Mom and not Mommy? Please hand my heart back to me so I can replace it in my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment