Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Sweet Humanitarian

Tonight Landon and I read a story, said prayers, and then had this conversation:

K: What do you thank God for today?
L: My bed, because I have somewhere to sleep.
K: Did you know that some people don't have beds?
L: awwwwwww (bottom lip poking out about to cry)
K: Some people don't have homes or beds like we do. Some people sleep outside on hard sidewalks, even when it's really cold outside.
L: Mommy, when I grow up and when I'm Batman, I'm going to buy a house and fix it up so all of those people can live there and have a bed.
K: That's a great idea Landon. There are a lot of people without homes. Do you think they could all fit inside your house?
L: I'm not going to buy just one. I'm going to buy a lot. Like 100. And I'm going to buy them sheets, and jammies (but not footie ones, just jammies that are pants and shirts separate), and food. Do you think that's a good idea?
K (beaming): I think that's a wonderful idea Landon.

No comments:

Post a Comment