Friday, January 21, 2011

Sir Talks-A-Lot

While at the doctor's office the other day, I had to think about the words Carter can say to make sure he hit the milestone of at least 8 words. Here's a list of his words at 18 months, besides Mama and Dada. Most are crystal clear.
  1. bubble
  2. ball
  3. star
  4. moon
  5. book
  6. Bible
  7. dog dog
  8. brother
  9. door
  10. nose
  11. mole (weird, right? I taught him that it was not a "ball" on my face)
  12. bye-bye
  13. hi
  14. noooooo! (usually screamed)
  15. Elmo
  16. more
  17. moo (when asked what the cow says)
  18. cak-cak (when asked what the duck says)
  19. tweet tweet (when asked what the bird says)
  20. Carter (he has said that once)
  21. Jeter
  22. Landon
  23. choo-choo
  24. all done (he has said that once)
  25. mine/my
  26. tractor
  27. sky
  28. tree
  29. peek-a-boo (sounds like peek-boo)
  30. light
  31. shoe

Also, my little man loves to throw things away. He's a neat freak like his Mama. It started off with him throwing away napkins, paper, and diapers. Now he just throws anything and everything away. Oh, done with your bowl? I can take care of that for you! After trying to explain to him that spoons, cups, bowls etc. go in the sink, he puts everything in the sink now...including trash! :)

And the child can spot a moon and star on anything. He brought Christopher's Nike shoe over to me saying "moon". I was like huh? He was pointing to the end of the Nike check...which looks a lot like a crescent moon.

1 comment:

  1. I think I hear a little country drawl in there when he says moon:)

    ReplyDelete