Thursday, February 10, 2011

9 Years

Yesterday (02.09.11), Christopher and I celebrated our 9-year anniversary. We always celebrate with the traditional anniversary gift, which is pottery for year 9. Christopher gave me a beautiful wall pocket - I have been collecting these over the years and have them hanging on my kitchen wall, and a beautiful hand-written poem. I gave him an orchid pot, and also a few potted orchids...we have a few of these around the house as well. (click here to see what we gave each other years 1-8)

We went to dinner at a Japanese steakhouse, with boys in tow. It wasn't a romantic evening by far (as the boys were not on their best behavior and Christopher ended the night with a lap-full of soup), but it is our life at year 9. We'll look back at that night one day, laugh and miss the chaos.

It's been a wonderful and love-filled 9 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment