Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Dearest Carter Bear,

To think that I was scared that I couldn't love you the same or as much as Landon. When I was pregnant with you, I couldn't wrap my head around how I would be able to split my love for another child. You have taught me how love can multiply, not be divided. I love your quiet presence that speaks so loudly. I love the wild gleam in your eyes that is so full of energy and spirit. Tears run down my cheeks as I beg for someone to teach me how to stop time, how to freeze this moment. I never want to forget these moments as they pass so quickly. The way you twirl around to any song and laugh wildly, the way your skin smells when I kiss your warm neck, the wild curls in your golden hair, how your chubby hands feel when you touch mommy's face "nicely", you sucking your thumb while nuzzling your blankie to your nose, your sweet voice that asks for things so politely, and even those vinegar-like feet. My Carter Bear, your Daddy and I love you so.

"We'll eat you up - we love you so!" ~Where The Wild Things Are

Happy 2nd birthday, son.

No comments:

Post a Comment