Monday, February 4, 2013

Clean Eating

I've been trying to eat "cleaner" lately. I'm cutting down on processed stuff with loads of preservatives, sugars, etc. If I look at a box in the store and can't pronounce some of the ingredients, I don't buy it. I cut out caffiene completely and a significant amount of alcohol. Splenda is gone (I have been somewhat on a soap box lately about that poison stuff). I try to keep a huge amount of fresh veggies and fruits (buying organic for the dirty dozen) in the house. I'm encouraging better choices at home for myself and the boys (eat raw broccoli instead of chips, fresh blueberries instead of fruit snacks). I'm drinking lots more water and a lot less soda. This is not an easy process and I still have not cut out a lot of the things that need to go (like Carter's beloved mini muffins), but I've already made a huge difference in the quality of food that my family consumes. Nothing earth-shattering or perfect by any means, but better choices for my and my family's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment