Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Vacation in Virginia

I dropped the boys off at my parent's house in VA on Sunday where they are staying the week. They've got a busy week planned and are getting to spend a lot of time with their cousins! My childhood church has VBS from 9:30-12 each morning and the boys are really enjoying that. My step-mom told me that Carter's teachers have told her that he's raising his hand and answering questions in his class. They've got plans to spend the night with my sister and head over to their pool one day. They are spending some time over at my brother's house as well. They've ridden the combine and golf cart and I'm sure getting seriously spoiled.

I did get a phone call at 10pm last night from my Daddy. He said that the boys were having a hard time going to sleep and wanted to talk to their mama. Their little voices are so sweet over the phone. I miss them terribly. I was really looking forward to this week...and am enjoying some aspects like not having to pack lunches, pack YMCA camp bags, bath time, taking kids to school/camp, etc. But I really miss them and miss not having them in the house. I actually miss the noise and the chaos. I miss being able to steal one more kiss from them as they lay sleeping in their bed at night.

Until I have my babies back, I will just have to savor the phone calls and pictures sent to me like this one...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment