Thursday, July 17, 2014

Carter's 5th Birthday

My Carter Bear turned 5 this past Saturday! My little, soon to be middle, has grown up so quickly. He is such a cool, easy-going guy who had an interesting opinion about what type of birthday party he wanted to have.

Me: What kind of party do you want to have this year, buddy?
Him: Ummmm...a Frozen and Power Rangers one.
Me: Which one? Frozen or Power Rangers?
Him: Both!
Me: Both? Together?
Him: Yes! I want them all mixed up!

Okaaaaaay. So Frozen/Power Rangers it was! (People commented that the party theme was "so Carter.") I love matching colors and themes and the sort...I just had to let go of all of that this year and make it the most awesome "Frozen Rangers" party ever!

I got Frozen plates and Power Rangers napkins, a Mylar balloon of each with other blue balloons to compliment (I did find a common color between the both!) - all purchased at Party City. Goodie bags consisted of PR sunglasses (Party City), PR stickers (Party City), PR tattoos (Party City), Frozen activity book (Target $ Spot), Frozen puzzle (Target $ Spot), and Frozen stickers (5 Below).

I got creative with the food to make it more fun. Our menu consisted of:

  • Mighty Morphin' Nuggets (Chick-Fil-A nugget platter with assorted sauces)
  • Kristoff's Ice (blue jello cut into cubes)
  • Samurai Swords (grapes and watermelon on skewers)
  • Olaf's Noses (carrots and ranch)
  • Olaf's Arms (pretzel sticks)
  • Arendelle-Land of All Things Frozen (a make-your-own ice cream sundae bar)
  • Blue Ranger Coolers (blue koolaid, as well as soda and water for the adults)



 After taking a few selfies with Daddy, Carter had a great time playing in our church's FunZone with his friend and cousins. He opened some great presents that really excited him like a soccer ball and goal (he's played with that EVERY day since) and a Power Rangers book bag (as soon as he opened it, he exclaimed, "I can take this to Kindergarden!!!). I have videos of the kids (mostly boys) singing along to the Frozen soundtrack I had playing in the background. It was such a fun day. I really appreciate everyone coming out to celebrate my sweet Carter Bear. And to those who weren't able to make it (for lots of understandable reasons), you were greatly missed!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment