Saturday, August 2, 2014

Christopher's Baptism

My good-looking husband is getting baptized tonight!!!

Growing up in a Methodist church, he was sprinkled as a baby and confirmed later as a child. Our church baptizes by submersion and it's come up a few times, when he baptized Landon and as he is now taking on a volunteer leadership role in the church. Our church is not forcing him to be re-baptized, however, he has decided to.

His little sister, Ashley, decided to be baptized this weekend in the creek on the farm where they grew up (and their parents still live). After thought and discussing with her, he is going to join her.

I am such a proud wife. Over the past 15 years, I have watched this man mature before my eyes. From a bright-eyed, carefree 20-year old to a seasoned husband, father, and Christian. He's always been a good man (I wouldn't have married him if he wasn't) but he has grown so much over the years. He is THE example I want set for my boys. I want them to grow up to be just like him. And also an example for our daughter - so she understands how a man should act and treat her. So she understands what she deserves. A caring and loving husband, a strong Christian who volunteers his time and talents, an incredible father, a responsible employee (and manager) who has the most amazing work ethic, a morally-ethical person. He's humble, he's quietly confident, he's competent, he's silly, he's amazing at loving me. He protects and provides for his family. He leads our family as God has called him to lead.

I am proud to call myself Mrs. Christopher A. Bagley.


Mark 1:9-11 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment