Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Meditation

I had been researching and thinking about picking up meditation, just as an overall mental health work-out. (And y'all all know that I have a little bit of hippie in me.) I didn't know where to get started...do I just google it, do I read a book about it, are there classes? My SIL heard about and recommended an app called Headspace. It is AWESOME! You have access to a 10-day trial of 10-minute meditations with the free app that you download onto your phone. I loved and looked forward to my 10 minutes of meditation each day and really did find it beneficial for me, personally. It just helped to center me and allow me to readjust my outlook/attitude and the way I reacted to things. And I could do it anywhere and really anytime...at home before my day got started, at work in my office, in the car (while riding, not driving) - you just plug in your headphones, close your eyes, and begin. And oh, Andy's voice...it's like my own personal operating system like in the movie Her. My trial is up, and I am contemplating the subscription (that you must pay for). You can meditate on your own, but I prefer the guided meditation as a "young meditator."

Have you tried meditation? Did you like it? Did you use any type of guide and if so, what did you use?

And by the way, even my 5 year old can meditate!

Carter in meditation at ninjitsu


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment