Thursday, August 7, 2014

Weekly Update: 24 Weeks

The weeks are starting to fly by for me now. I'm starting to get a little more nervous as the weeks go by too... labor (will she come too quickly that I won't be able to get an epidural? - I barely squeaked by getting one with Carter), sleepless nights, diapers, nursing/pumping (will I have that crazy enzyme deal with my milk again?), managing 3 after going back to work (packing 2 lunches plus daycare bottles each night, 2 kids with homework, juggling the boys' extracurricular activities with a newborn, etc.). Deep breaths.

Let's focus on my little bird! She grew 4 ounces since last week taking her up to one and a third pounds. She's still about a foot long and is the size of an ear of corn. I am really starting to feel little feet and hands and elbows! She really likes to streeeeeeeetch, especially up into my rib cage.

I'm starting to feel better from this bug I had all last week, although I am still pretty snotty. Plantar fasciitis is still there and in full effect (ouch). I've halved my dose of NVP medicine and seem to be doing ok...going to attempt to stop that all together soon. Cross your fingers!

Y'all, I've been on Etsy. I ordered a wooden name banner with hot air balloons (OBSESSED with hot air balloons) on each end for her nursery wall. The lady is also going to custom make 3 larger wooden hot air balloons to match the banner for the opposite wall in the nursery. That's being made and shipped from Poland so perhaps I'll show you the name banner in the next month or so. :)  We've still got to get the double bed taken down in the guest room and get the crib set back up. The rest of the things (glider, table, and dresser will stay). The walls are already painted yellow and I plan to leave it as is. Maybe we'll tackle that after my mom comes for a visit next weekend.

I may have also ordered the cutest little crocheted hat with changeable flowers for her on Etsy. Christopher just shook his head. But she's got to cover her little head (in style) this winter when she's brand new! Oh, and I may have also started a favorites listing on Etsy with things like crocheted barefoot sandals, football leg warmers, and monogrammed bloomers! (Yeah...I'm getting used to this girl thing.)

My sweet sisters-in-law and best friend are planning to throw me a baby girl/essentials shower (I'm so excited!) so I went ahead and started a registry at Target with a few things (you can do all that online now!). It's been a while (8 years) since I've done all this and it is really fun! (I didn't really do any of this with Carter since he was another boy and just 3 years after Landon.)

Next OB check-up is next Friday, August 15.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment