Thursday, November 6, 2014

Weekly Update: 37 Weeks

With only 3 weeks left, Miss Wrenn weighs 6 & 1/3 pounds and is a bit over 19 inches long. She is the size of a bunch of Swiss chard (BabyCenter email) or a watermelon (Baby Countdown app).

At this week's appointment, they checked me for any progress. I am still closed and up, however, she said that doesn't really mean much for a 3rd time mom. Apparently, baby #3 doesn't progress slowly like a 1st or 2nd might. Basically I could go from nothing to having a baby. I have been highly discouraged against travel at this point (which makes going to VA by myself this weekend a bit other words, not going to happen). My Group B Strep test came back negative as anticipated. No weight gain since the previous week (again, take that mean doctor!). I think I am holding steady at around 38 pounds (remember...56 pounds with Landon and 50 with Carter).

I am officially scheduled for an induction on Dec 4, which is at 41 weeks. Hopefully we won't need that.

My niece, Gracie, has sworn up and and down from day 1 that I am having this baby on Saturday, 11/8...her birthday (her sister, Elizabeth, shares a birthday with Carter and called that one too). Then I went for my routine dental check-up last night and the hygienist said that it's an old tale that dental check-ups can put a woman into labor. Now...I'm not one for believing this stuff, especially since I don't think I'm going to go early, BUT Christopher and the boys are going to be camping this weekend and I will be by myself. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous.

My hips, pelvis, and butt hurt a lot. I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions almost every day. I wake up in the middle of the night (several nights during the week) feeling so queasy and like I'm going to get sick. And I am just overall tired and ready. Ready to meet my sweet girl!

I've been working more and more from home (at least 2-3 days each week) and after next week, will start working from home full-time until the baby comes. I can lay on the couch with my feet up while I work. Hopefully I can get the swelling in my right foot to go down (it's just my right foot...very weird).

Christopher sanded and painted the crib this past weekend. Now I just have to vacuum up the mess and put the crib back together (mattress, bed skirt, etc. back). The hospital bag HAS to be packed ASAP. I will do that this weekend. The last piece to the nursery is hanging a hook in the ceiling to hang a hot air balloon from (wonder if I can get up there and do it this weekend?). I'll get Christopher to install the car seat bases within the next week or so. It's not the end of the world if those don't get in before baby. He could always run home from the hospital to grab it. I may make a trip to BRU this weekend and pick up a few odds and ends, but I think I have everything I need for Wrenn.

The waiting game...


No comments:

Post a Comment