Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 4th, 2015

For the 4th of July, we went up to Red Hill, Patrick Henry's home, in VA like last year. We ate, listened to music, heard Patrick Henry's 5th great-grandson give his famous "Give me liberty or give me death" speech and read the Declaration of Independence, and watched some fireworks. We even dodged all the storms somehow!

Wrenn fell asleep in my arms right before the fireworks started. She slept through the first 2 or 3 minutes of the fireworks, then started to open her eyes at every boom. Finally, about 5 minutes into the show, she opened her eyes very wide but still facing me in my arms. I sat her up so she could watch the show. She sat as still as could be in my arms, holding onto her blankie with both hands and eyes as wide as saucers watching the fireworks show. She became startled when people applauded at the end. :)





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment